- Supermarkets: Co-op Old Town; Co-op Hyde Road; Sansbury Oxford Road.
- Pharmacies: Lloyds Pharmacy throughout Swindon; Rowlands Chemist Sussex Square; Co-op Pharmacy Taw Hill; Penhill Pharmacy; Asda Chemist West Swindon Centre.
- Banks & Building Societies: RBS Commercial Road; HSBC Canal Walk and Marlborough Road; Coventry BS Regent Circus; Lloyds Regent Circus, Cricklade Road and High Street; Nationwide Pipers Way.
- Department Stores: House of Fraser Canal Walk; Next Mannington Retail Park; John Lewis Mannington Retail Park.
- Designer Outlet Village: Costa Coffee; Marks and Spencer; Pizza Express.
Let’s Hear in Swindon
Rotary, working in partnership with the national charity Hearing Link, have started a team of volunteers who include hearing aid wearers, all of whom want to make a difference in their community. This team is a Rotary Community Corps, working together to act literally as the eyes and ears to check on the availability of hearing loops in Swindon, quality of signage and whether loops are working. The monthly audits include shops, churches, libraries, stations, doctors surgeries, theatre and other public buildings – in fact anywhere there should be a hearing loop – our aim is to make Swindon a Champion Town for Hearing Loop availability. The type of audit that the volunteers are undertaking is shown in the video below: ‘Let’s Loop Swindon’ has so far completed surveys of Pharmacies, Supermarkets, Banks and Building Societies, Department Stores, the Designer Outlet Shopping Village for Hearing Loop Provision, in fact 224 premises. We recommend you visit where there are good loop systems:-